Fall Events Coordinator
This is a great entry-level opportunity for someone interested in a career in Special Events Management. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Fall Events Coordinator will assist in organizing the DBA's Fall/Winter Special Events: Christmas in the Square Holiday Light Up and other events as required. This is a temporary, full-time position from mid-September to Friday, December 6.
- Diploma and/or 6 months experience in Event Planning or Marketing and Communications.
- Superb multi-tasking skills are a must, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This job requires meeting multiple deadlines, thinking on your feet, and working independently while being part of a team.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - especially Excel (spreadsheets) and Word (mail merge).
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Able to communicate clearly and professionally with colleagues, vendors, and members of the public.
- Physically able to lift and move boxes (up to 10 pounds), signage and equipment.
- A driver's license and access to a car required.
- Full-time weekdays.
- Must be available occasional nights and weekends as required.
Start Date: Monday September 22, 2014
End Date: Friday, December 5, 2014
Salary: $19 per hour
Mail your resume and cover letter to:
Katherine Hoy, Marketing Manager
Downtown Business Association
10121 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton AB, T5J 4X6
Email to email@example.com using subject line "Fall Events"
Deadline 4 pm, Tuesday, September 9, 2014
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
There are no current volunteer opportunities.