Cool Summer Job: Join the DBA’s Core Crew Team!
The Downtown Business Association is looking for five mature, outgoing, post-secondary students to act as Downtown Ambassadors in the Core Crew Program. In their bright red jackets and caps, The Core Crew members are a friendly, recognizable presence on Downtown streets.
Crew members act as tour guides for the DBA’s daily walking tours, and represent the association at summer festivals and Downtown events. They take part in Capital City Clean Up, provide information about Downtown to the public, and do safety and security reporting for the benefit of businesses, tourists and local residents.
Core Crew Team Duties:
- Initiate contact with and engage the public, acting as information ambassadors to Downtown visitors and local residents.
- Act as a tour guide for the DBA’s free, guided Walking Tours.
- Represent the DBA at festivals and special events during the summer.
- Report unsafe conditions, graffiti, cleaning issues and vagrancy around Downtown.
- Help keep Downtown clean via the Capital City Clean-up Program.
- Core Crew members work outside most days – rain or shine.
- Core Crew members embrace their role as Downtown Ambassadors. Maturity, confidence and an outgoing personality are essential! Successful candidates are excited about greeting and engaging with tourists, businesses and members of the public.
- Physically fit – you should enjoy walking long distances daily.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to engage with and assist the public.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated: Able to work effectively, multi-task, and meet daily goals with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Downtown and the City of Edmonton.
- Training and/or experience in public speaking, tourism and hospitality, broadcasting or communications are assets, as are leadership skills and management training.
- Weekdays 9:30 to 4:30 (6 paid hours daily, with a one hour, unpaid lunch break). Occasional evening and weekend shifts are required during festival season.
- Salary: $16 per hour
- Most work days are spent walking outdoors - rain or shine.
- Training and uniforms are provided.
Start Date: Thursday May 29, 2014
End Date: Friday August 22, 2014.
Email your resume along with a cover letter to Katherine Hoy, DBA Marketing Manager at email@example.com. If you have questions, call (780) 424-4085.
Competition closes Monday, May 5 at 4:30 pm.
There are no current volunteer opportunities.