Cool Summer Job: Join the DBA’s Core Crew Team!
The Downtown Business Association is looking for five mature, outgoing, post-secondary students to act as Downtown Ambassadors in the Core Crew Program. In their bright red jackets and caps, The Core Crew members are a friendly, recognizable presence on Downtown streets.
Crew members act as tour guides for the DBA’s free, walking tours, and represent the association at summer festivals and downtown events. They take part in Capital City Clean Up, provide information about Downtown to the public, and do safety and security reporting for the benefit of businesses, tourists and local residents.
Core Crew Team Duties:
· Initiate contact with and engage the public, acting as an information ambassador to Downtown visitors and local residents.
· Act as a tour guide for the DBA’s free, guided Walking Tours.
· Represent the DBA at festivals and special events during the summer.
· Report unsafe conditions, graffiti, cleaning issues and vagrancy around Downtown.
· Help keep Downtown clean via the Capital City Clean-up Program.
· Participate in activities and other duties as assigned by the Marketing Manager.
· Core Crew members embrace their role as Downtown Ambassadors. Maturity, confidence and an outgoing personality are essential!
· Successful candidates are excited about greeting and engaging with tourists, businesses and members of the public.
· The ability and willingness to interact with the public and their teammates in a positive and professional manner. Core Crew members are helpful, polite, friendly and maintain an enthusiastic attitude at all times.
· Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to engage with and assist the public.
· Training and/or experience in public speaking, tourism and hospitality, broadcasting or communications are assets.
· Physically fit, able to walk long distances daily.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
· Self-motivated: Able to work effectively, multi-task, and meet daily goals with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of Downtown and the City of Edmonton.
· Leadership skills and management training are assets.
· Weekdays 9:30 to 4:30 (6 paid hours daily, with a one hour lunch hour). Occasional evening and weekend shifts are required during festival season.
· Most work days are spent walking outdoors - rain or shine.
· Training and uniforms are provided.
Start Date: Wednesday, May 28, 2014.
End Date: Friday, August 22, 2014.
Please send your resume along with a cover letter to Katherine Hoy, DBA Marketing Manager. Resumes are accepted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, call (780) 424-4085.
This competition closes Thursday, May 8 at 4:30 pm.
For more info about the Core Crew click here!
There are no current volunteer opportunities.