Cool Summer Job: Join the DBA’s Core Crew!
The Downtown Business Association (DBA) is hiring five mature, outgoing, post-secondary students to act as Downtown Ambassadors in our Core Crew Program. In their bright red jackets and caps, Core Crew members are a friendly, recognizable presence on Downtown streets.
Crew members act as tour guides for the DBA’s daily walking tours, and represent the association at summer festivals and Downtown events. In addition they provide helpful information to the public, and help keep Downtown clean.
- Downtown Ambassador: Initiate contact with and engage the public, providing useful information to both Downtown visitors and local residents.
- Lead visitors on daily, 90-minute guided walking tours of Downtown.
- Represent the DBA and assist at festivals and special events throughout the summer.
- Report unsafe conditions, graffiti, and cleaning issues in Downtown.
- Help keep Downtown clean and welcoming via the Capital City Clean-up Program.
- Core Crew members embrace their role as Downtown Ambassadors. Maturity, confidence, and an outgoing personality are essential! Successful candidates are excited about greeting and engaging with tourists, businesses, and the general public.
- Physically fit – crew members should enjoy walking long distances daily.
- Because they work outside most days – rain or shine – Core Crew members should enjoy being outdoors.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone to engage with and assist the public.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Self-motivated: Able to work effectively, multi-task, and meet daily goals with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Downtown and the City of Edmonton.
- Training and/or experience in public speaking, tourism, hospitality, broadcasting, or communications are assets, as are leadership skills and management training.
- Must be registered as a full-time post-secondary student in both the previous and upcoming school year.
- Weekdays 9:30 to 4:30 (six paid hours daily, with a one hour, unpaid lunch break). Occasional evening and weekend shifts are required during festival season.
- Salary: $18 per hour
- Most work days are spent outdoors – rain or shine.
- Training and uniforms are provided.
Start Date: Thursday May 25, 2017
End Date: Friday, August 18, 2017
Competition ended Monday, April 24, 4:30 pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only suitable candidates will be contacted.
There are currently no job opportunities.